Red Moor School is committed to providing the highest standards in relation to the safeguarding of children entrusted to our care.
We support all children by:
- Providing a caring, safe, and positive environment within the school
- Encouraging communication, self-esteem, and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment
- Promoting all aspects of the Equality Act 2010
- Training all staff in Child Protection and Safeguarding to the appropriate level and ensuring they are aware of safeguarding procedures within our school
- Providing the infrastructure for effective reporting, record keeping, and working in partnership
At Red Moor, we expect all staff and visitors to our school to behave in a way which ensures our children are safeguarded at all times. This includes a duty for any safeguarding concerns to be reported to the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) or Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL).
Red Moor school is part of the Operation Encompass scheme.
We work in partnership with many agencies to ensure we meet our Safeguarding obligations. Operation Encompass is an important initiative which allows us to work alongside Devon and Cornwall Police to further safeguard our students. This early information sharing partnership enables schools to offer immediate support for children and young people following any incident in which there has been police involvement. At Red Moor School, we are keen to offer the best support possible to all our pupils and we believe this initiative to be extremely beneficial for this purpose.
More information can be found by clicking here for the Operation Encompass website.