It is Red Moor School’s policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school.
This policy is based on the notion that school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school
- Engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school
- Is practical and smart
- Identifies the children with the school
- Prevents children from coming to school in fashion clothes that could be distracting in class
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents
- Is designed with health and safety in mind
In order to maintain a strong sense of identity and belonging within our school we will provide your child with their first set of uniform. At Red Moor school the uniform will be made up of a red top and a red polo shirt or t-shirt, or black blazer and white shirt with the option of a tie. We offer a wide range of uniform options to help meet your child’s needs and would request that students always have at least one piece of branded uniform on each day. We will provide each student when joining Red Moor two sets of uniform, parents then have the option of buying any additional items via an online shop our uniform supplier maintains. Options we have include:
- Clip on tie
- T shirt
- Polo Shirt
- Book Bag
All of these items have the Red Moor logo on them. Any combination of these items are acceptable.
We ask parents to provide the following items, which should be work with the provided set of uniform;
- Black or grey school trousers / shorts / knee length skirt
- Plain White Shirt if opting for a blazer
- Black, flat sensible, safe, school shoes
- White school shirt if opted for school blazer
Initial school uniform will be ordered through the school office and is provided free of charge. However, should you require additional uniform for your child, this can be ordered online via Cornwall Screenprint. Please click here to view the available uniform for primary aged students, or here for secondary aged students. The selection available for primary and secondary aged children is the same. Payment for this additional uniform can be made via the Cornwall Screenprint website.
Other Clothing Requirements
- Short sleeved t-shirt (appropriate for school, non-offensive)
- Shorts/ Jogging bottoms
- Jumper (when appropriate)
- Hair to be tied back
- All jewellery / watches to be removed
Please ensure your child’s PE kit is sent in every Monday, this can then remain in school until Friday. We do have washing facilities in school if your child’s PE kit needs washing during the week.
Outdoor Education kit
All children will be encouraged to take part in Outdoor Education activities. Red Moor School will provide any specialist equipment required for the activities. However, we would ask that parent / carers could provide wellingtons and waterproofs that can be kept at school at all times. For water based activities please can parents / carers provide swimming kit and a towel.
It is encouraged that pupils do not wear jewellery to school, especially as individuals become very upset if a treasured piece of jewellery goes missing. Should a pupil have pierced ears, plain studs should only be worn. Please note that the school will be unable to take any responsibility for any jewellery that is lost.
We recommend that hair should be neat and tidy and worn with no extremes of style or colour. Any style or colour deemed inappropriate by the school will first result in a discussion with the Headteacher who will attempt to find reconciliation, but whose word is final, subject to appeal processes. Long hair should be tied back in practical lessons for safety.