Red Moor School
At Red Moor School, we are committed to raising achievement and enabling all pupils to achieve their full potential. We support them through a personalised, engaging, and relevant curriculum which helps to overcome a complex range of barriers to learning.
Children are always our priority, and we constantly work to develop and improve our core knowledge and skills to support our pupils so that they can make a manageable and meaningful successful transition to work, college, and adult life. The environment we provide will give pupils a structured and supportive place where they feel safe enough to take responsibility for their actions.
We aim to achieve high quality outcomes for pupils by:
- Reducing or removing their barriers to learning.
- Developing their ability to communicate and interact with others appropriately.
- Working to foster their ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Encouraging pupils to positively manage any difficulties or behaviours that challenge.
- Working with them to develop their self-esteem, independence, and their ability to have positive and constructive relationships with others.
- Ensuring every child receives a broad, balanced, and relevant curriculum that meets each of their needs and gives the right level of challenge and support.
- Making available a wide range of therapies to help pupils overcome their difficulties and to help them reach their full potential.
- Keeping them safe and protecting their welfare, and through the broader curriculum developing their ability to keep themselves safe.
- Helping pupils to explore how they think and behave through a variety of therapies, psychological, mental health, SALT, OT, CBT, person centred approaches, as well as art and play therapy.
- Committing to the principle that every pupil at our school, regardless of their ability, race, gender, cultural and religious background, or immigration status will receive the highest quality of education we can provide.
- Working together with their parents/carers and other professionals as an effective multi-disciplinary team.