Red Moor School provides specialist day education for children aged 5 to 18, including children in care, who experience social, emotional, and behavioural difficulties and whose local authority is unable to provide specifically for their statement of educational needs.
Children who attend our school will benefit from an individualised therapeutic environment and approach to try and help meet their significant needs.
Parents and Carers are advised to talk first with the SENDCo at their child’s current place of education. The SENDCo may then be able to advise if Red Moor School is a suitable placement for the child or young person. The SENDCo (along with the parent/carer) can then refer to the local authority admission placement process where decisions for referral will be made.
For admission to Red Moor School children:
- Will be aged between 5 – 18 years
- Will be referred to Red Moor School by the relevant local authority
- Will most likely have an Education, Health and Care plan (or will be under assessment)
- May have social, emotional, mental health, or behavioural difficulties
- May be on the autistic spectrum
- May have specific learning difficulties such as Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Dyscalculia
- Will benefit from Red Moor School’s therapeutic approach and input
- Further information can be found in our Admissions policy
If you’d like to make a referral or you simply want to know more, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.Contact Us